If you want to send more personalised Christmas cards this year to friends and family, why not make your own using your baby’s hand and footprints.
There are so many options to choose from; penguins, donkeys Santa on his sleigh but, for busy mums on the go, simple designs might be best.
These Christmas tree and reindeer designs use three colours each and are so easy to make.
Here’s what you will need:
- Plain white card that’s folded with envelopes – I used these
- Poster paint in yellow, green, brown, red and white
- A paint brush
Here’s how to do it:
- Dip your baby’s finger in the green paint and print it onto the middle of the card making the shape of a Christmas tree. Don’t worry if it’s not perfect – it doesn’t need to be and shows that it’s handmade
- Once dried, take your paint brush and paint a yellow star on top of the tree
- Take your brush again and paint a brown trunk
- If you want to paint some baubles on too, add them at this stage
- Paint one of your baby’s feet with the brown paint and brush
- Make a print of their foot in the middle of the card
- Once dried, paint a circular red nose with your brush
- Mix brown paint with a touch or red then freestyle some antlers – they don’t have to be symmetrical
- Add two white paint drops for eyes then use a black pen when dried to draw eyeballs